iOS 8 is the eighth major release of the iOS mobile operating system designed by Apple Inc. as the successor to iOS 7. It was announced at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2014 on June 2, 2014. A new app named Health and a corresponding framework named HealthKit will be available. Siri will support hands-free activation and music identification using Shazam. Voice and video messages will be automatically deleted unless the user saves them for future references.
Photos and Camera[편집]
The Photos app contains more options to edit your pictures. The cropping feature now enables you to turn the image clockwise and anti-clockwise. Furthermore, you can set the desired brightness and colors for your pictures. The Camera app features a shot timer, which can be set to 3 or 10 seconds. Additionally, the Camera app now allows for the capture of timelapse.
Notification Center of iOS 8 is much more improved in comparison with iOS 7 and 7.1. Now you can add and remove widgets in Notification Center with the option of "Edit". Moreover, you can rearrange notification widgets. Now in iOS 8 beta 3 the "clear" button is more visible, and this clear button is used to clear notifications from the Notification Center.
Users can send audio and video messages by holding down the record button. In group conversations, users can add or remove someone from a thread, name a thread, share their location in a thread, view all attachments, and turn on Do Not Disturb to not receive notifications from a specific thread.
iOS 8 has the same design as iOS 7, however, there are a few minor changes such as added transparency and faster animation effects. The multitasking screen now shows a list of recently called and favorited contacts.
iOS 8 includes a new predictive typing feature called QuickType. It displays word selections above the keyboard as you type. The feature can be turned off in Settings, or hidden using a swipe gesture. In addition, iOS 8 will allow users to install third-party keyboards. Many developers stated they would port their keyboards to iOS. Some of these include Minuum, Swype, SwiftKey, Fleksy and Adaptxt.
New to iOS 8, a user can add six others as family members. Family members can share purchased apps, music, and books using the same credit card. iOS 8 can also automatically setup photo streams for all family members. The calendar can also sync between all members.
iCloud Drive is iCloud's file hosting service for devices running iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite. This feature allows users to save photos, videos, documents (Keynote, Pages, and Numbers), and music, and other apps data on iCloud. Users can start their work on one device and continue on another device. By default, users will get 5 GB of storage for free, but this space will be expandable via subscription.
HealthKit is a service that allows developers to make software that integrates with the new Health application. This application allows users to track their steps, oxygen, sleep levels, and other health related data. Additionally, users can enter their medical history, so that the application can help serve them better. In a commercial for the iPhone 5S, the exercise song Chicken Fat is used to promote the new service.
Continuity allows users to share e-mails and websites over Wi-Fi. This feature also allows users to reply to text messages and answer phone calls from their iPhone on their Mac or iPad. This feature is supported only by compatible Macs running OS X Yosemite or by devices running iOS 8.
In iOS 8, Spotlight is integrated with a number of web services so that users can search using Wikipedia, Bing, or Google. Other services include: news, nearby places, suggested websites, movie showtimes, and content that is not already on the device from the iTunes Store.
In iOS 8, Apple integrated Wi-Fi calling. This service allows mobile phone calls over Wi-Fi. It is planned to be available for customers of T-Mobile in the US. According to Computerworld, Vodafone might also provide this service for its customers in Australia. Since beta 3, Wi-Fi Calling is available to T-Mobile customers in the US.
Version history: Portable iOS devices[편집]
Apple announced iOS 8 on June 2, 2014 at its annual Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) event, with release announced for sometime in Fall (Northern Hemisphere) or Spring (Southern Hemisphere) 2014. With this release, Apple continues the cycle to drop support for older devices. However, unlike past releases, which dropped support for two devices, iOS 8 only drops support for one device, specifically, the iPhone 4. Supported devices include the iPhone 4S onwards, iPod Touch (5th generation), the iPad 2 onwards, and the iPad Mini (1st generation) onwards. The iPad 2 is also the first longest-running Apple device to support 5 major versions of iOS along with 4, 5, 6, and 7.
Although iOS 8 has only been released in Beta form and is specifically designed for use by Apple Developers, it has been confirmed that non-developers are able to install the software on their devices. 틀:IOS 8
- Smith, Dave (2014년 5월 7일). “Apple iOS 8 Preview: Everything We’re Expecting – ReadWrite”. 2014년 5월 11일에 확인함.
- Kahn, Jordan (2014년 6월 2일). “Apple officially introduces iOS 8 "Healthkit" platform & "Health" app”. 9to5Mac.
- Keller, Joseph (2014년 6월 2일). “Siri features hands-free activation, Shazam integration in iOS 8”.
- Hammad Rafique (2014년 6월 4일). “iOS 8 Features' demonstration”. TechZend. 2014년 6월 5일에 확인함.
- Hammad Rafique (2014년 7월 8일). “iOS 8 beta 3 Launched for Developers”. TechZend. 2014년 7월 7일에 확인함.
- Rossignol, Joe (2014년 6월 2일). “iOS 8 improves messaging on iMessage”. iDownloadBlog. 2014년 6월 5일에 확인함.
- “Apple Keyboards”.
For the first time, iOS 8 opens up the keyboard to developers
- “Minuum Blog”.
- “Swiftkey, Swype, and Flesky making iOS 8 Keyboards”.
- “KeyPoint Technologies Adaptxt to make entry on iOS as Apple opens up for 3rd party keyboards”.
- “Apple - iOS 8 - Family Sharing”. Apple Inc. 2014년 6월 2일. 2014년 6월 15일에 확인함.
- “Apple - iOS 8 - iCloud Drive”. Apple Inc. 2014년 6월 2일. 2014년 6월 15일에 확인함.
- “Apple - iOS 8 - Health”. Apple Inc. 2014년 6월 2일. 2014년 6월 16일에 확인함.
- Riis, Richard (2014년 6월 9일). “Apple's "Chicken Fat" Ad Harks Back to a Political Era Long Gone”. Daily Kos. 2014년 6월 19일에 확인함.
- Esposito, Dom (2014년 6월 2일). “Hands-on with Spotlight Suggestions in iOS 8 (Video)”. 9to5Mac.
- Smith, Chris (2014년 6월 3일). “Here’s one major new Yosemite and iOS 8 feature that got overlooked”. Boy Genius Report.
- “Spotlight. Brighter than ever.”. Apple Inc.
- “iOS 8 to feature Wi-Fi calling [Update - T-Mobile Confirms, it's coming!]”. TmoNews. 2014년 6월 2일. 2014년 6월 5일에 확인함.
- “Updated: Vodafone eyes Wi-Fi calling for iPhones on iOS 8”. Computerworld. 2014년 6월 3일. 2014년 6월 14일에 확인함.
- “All the tiny new tweaks added in iOS 8 beta 3”. Cult of Mac. 2014년 7월 7일. 2014년 7월 7일에 확인함.
- “Apple Unveils iOS 8, the Biggest Release Since the Launch of the App Store”. 2014년 6월 3일.
- “Install iOS 8 Beta Without UDID Registration”. 2014년 6월 3일.
- iOS 8 - 공식 웹사이트 – official site