위키백과, 우리 모두의 백과사전.
- Holy War (Hacker Jargon)
- EMACS vs. vi: The endless geek 'holy war'
- “Just Let Me Code”.
- “Why Coding Style Matters”.
- “Never use hard tabs”.
Reasons not to use hard tabs
· Due to legacy, different text editors treat hard tabs different. UNIX text editors prefer hard tab is 8 spaces, Windows text editors and IDEs (Eclipse) prefer that a hard tab is 4 spaces.
· The hard tab length agreement between different text editors cannot be reached
· The hard tab length agreement between people cannot be reached
· Thus, hard tabs may break source code readability and editability if there is more than a single person editing the file. They will open the file in an editor with different tab settings, edit it and next time you open the file it is ruined and all indentations are wrong.
· This is even worse on white space sensitive languages (Python, CoffeeScript) as this might actually cause syntax errors or programming logic errors
However, you can avoid this problem in the first place if you do indentation using soft tabs (spaces) instead.
Even if you were the single person in the world editing the text file, even you might switch the text editor in some point and accidentally shoot yourself in the leg.
|이 글은 컴퓨터 과학에 관한 토막글입니다. 서로의 지식을 모아 알차게 문서를 완성해 갑시다.|
|이 글은 문화에 관한 토막글입니다. 서로의 지식을 모아 알차게 문서를 완성해 갑시다.|