- 1 장학우
- 2 Growth team updates #5
- 3 핑이 않됩니다
- 4 Growth team updates #6
- 5 Growth team updates #7
- 6 Call for submissions for the Community Growth space at Wikimania 2019
- 7 관리자가 되기 어려운 이유
- 8 포탈에서의 시각편집기
- 9 Growth team updates #8
- 10 새 사용자 홈페이지의 초기 성적
안녕하세요, Gcd822님. 위키문법에 관심을 주셔서 감사합니다. 다름이 아니라 해당 문서에서 [* 홍콩 매표기록 경신] → <ref>홍콩 매표기록 경신</ref>으로 변경되지 않았는데 특:diff/23398780와 같이 수정하신 이유가 있으신가요? 그리고 해당 데이터베이스 보고서는 봇에 의해 자동으로 업데이트되기 때문에 수동으로 삭제하지 않으셔도 됩니다. --Ykhwong (토론) 2019년 1월 1일 (화) 23:59 (KST)
- @Ykhwong:[* 홍콩 매표기록 경신]이 있는 건 제가 못 봤네요. 좀더 꼼꼼이 보도록 하겠습니다. ㅠ 데이터베이스 보고서엔 손 대지 않겠습니다.--Gcd822 (토론) 2019년 1월 2일 (수) 00:03 (KST)
Growth team updates #5[편집]
Welcome to the fifth newsletter for the new Growth team!
The Growth team's objective is to work on software changes that help retain new contributors in mid-size Wikimedia projects.
New projects for discussion[편집]
We began the "Personalized first day" project with the welcome survey so that we could gather information about what newcomers are trying to accomplish. The next step is to use that information to create experiences that help the newcomers accomplish their goal – actually personalizing their first day. We asked for community thoughts in the previous newsletter, and after discussing with community members and amongst our team, we are now planning two projects as next steps: "engagement emails" and "newcomer homepage".
- Engagement emails: this project was first discussed positively by community members here back in September 2018, and the team how has bandwidth to pursue it. The idea is that newcomers who leave the wiki don't get encouraged to return to the wiki and edit. We can engage them through emails that send them the specific information they need to be successful – such as contact from a mentor, the impact of their edits, or task recommendations. Please read over the project page, and comment on its discussion page with any ideas, questions, or concerns. Do you think this is a good idea? Where could we go wrong?
- Newcomer homepage: we developed the idea for this project after analyzing the data from the welcome survey and EditorJourney datasets. We saw that many newcomers seem to be looking for a place to get started – a place that collects their past work, options for future work, and ways to learn more. We can build this place, and it can connect to the engagement emails. The content of both could be guided by what newcomers say they need during their welcome survey, and contain things like contact from a mentor, impact of their edits, or task recommendations. Please read over the project page, and comment on its discussion page with any ideas, questions, or concerns. Do you think this is a good idea? Where could we go wrong?
Initial reports on newcomer activity[편집]
We have published initial reports on each of the team's first two projects. These reports give the basic numbers from each project, and there are many more questions we will continue to answer in future reports. We're excited about these initial findings. They have already helped us define and design parts of our future projects.
- Welcome survey: the initial report on welcome survey responses is available here. Some of the main findings:
- Most users respond to the survey, giving it high response rates of 67% and 62% in Czech and Korean Wikipedias, respectively.
- The survey does not cause newcomers to be less likely to edit.
- The most common reason for creating an account in Korean Wikipedia is to read articles—not for editing—with 29% of Korean users giving that responses.
- Large numbers of respondents said they are interested in being contacted to get help with editing: 36% in Czech and 53% in Korean.
- Understanding first day: the initial report on what newcomers do on their first day is available here. Some of the main findings:
- Large numbers of users view help or policy pages on their first day: 42% in Czech and 28% in Korean.
- Large numbers of users view their own User or User Talk page on their first day: 34% in Czech and 39% in Korean.
- A majority of new users open an editor on their first day – but about a quarter of them do not go on to save an edit during that time.
Help panel deployment[편집]
The help panel was deployed in Czech and Korean Wikipedias on January 10. Over the past four weeks:
- About 400 newcomers in each wiki have seen the help panel button.
- About 20% of them open up the help panel.
- About 50% of those who open it up click on one of the links.
- About 5% of Czech users ask questions, and about 1% of Korean users ask questions.
We think that the 20% open rate and 50% click rate are strong numbers, showing that a lot of people are looking for help, and many want to help themselves by looking at help pages. The somewhat lower numbers of asking questions (especially in Korean Wikipedia) has caused us to consider new features to allow people to help themselves. We're going to be adding a search bar to the help panel next, which will allow users to type a search that only looks for pages in the Help and Wikipedia namespaces.
How to create a good feedback page?[편집]
What is the way to built a good help page? What blocks you when writing an help page? Your replies will help to create better help contents to newcomers, that would be used on Help panel.
> 저는 핑이 않되서 지금까지 그동안 놓친것이 있는것같습니다.
Growth team updates #6[편집]
2019년 3월 19일 (화) 03:19 (KST)
Growth team updates #7[편집]
2019년 4월 30일 (화) 01:19 (KST)
Call for submissions for the Community Growth space at Wikimania 2019[편집]
Welcome to a special newsletter from the Growth team! This special newsletter is not about Wikimedia Foundation Growth team projects. Instead, it is a call for submissions for the Community Growth space at Wikimania 2019. We think that many people who receive this newsletter may have something valuable to contribute to this space at Wikimania. We haven't translated the newsletter, because Wikimania's language is English.
Please see below for the message from the organizers of the Community Growth space at Wikimania.
Since you are interested b Growth team projects, and potentially involved in welcoming newcomers initiatives on your wiki, we would like to invite you to submit a proposal to the Community Growth space because of the actions you’ve done around newcomers on wikis. The deadline for submission is June 1. See below for Community Growth submission topics and session formats. Topics and sessions have to be in English.
In the Community Growth space, we will come together for discussions, presentations, and workshops that address these questions:
- What is and is not working around attracting and retaining newcomers?
- How should Wikimedia activities evolve to help communities grow and flourish?
- How should our technology and culture evolve to help new populations to come online, participate and become community members?
Recommended topics: please see this link for the list for the list of recommended topics. If you do not plan to submit a proposal, you can also suggest additional topics here. If your topic does not fit into our space, remember that there are 18 other spaces that could welcome you sharing your knowledge and perspective.
Types of session. We prefer sessions that are participatory, interactive, promote conversations, and give a voice to parts of our movement that are heard less often. Please see this link for the list of recommended session formats.
Poster submissions. Posters are also a good way to introduce a topic, or show some results of an action. Please consider submitting one!
More information about the Community Growth space, topics, and submission formats is available on the proposal page.
Please submit your proposal. The reviews will happen at the beginning of June.
If you have questions about Wikimania in general, please ask them on the Wikimania wiki.
On behalf of the Community Growth leadership team, Trizek (WMF), 2019년 5월 16일 (목) 20:45 (KST)
관리자가 되기 어려운 이유[편집]
말씀 감사합니다. 저로선 공동체의 허락만 있다면 해볼 용의도 있습니다. 문서/사용자 식으로 관리자의 담당을 나누는 것도 괜찮다고 생각합니다. 하지만 현행 시스템은 관리자가 모든 권한을 쥘 뿐더러 무엇보다도 제가 주요 사용자들과의 친목은커녕 잘못된 행위에 대한 비판을 외면하지 않아왔더터라 공동체의 허락을 받기는 어려워 보입니다. 오히려 주요 사용자들의 잘못된 행위를 비판하거나 도저히 답이 없어 차단이나 회수에 나섰단 이유로 인해 아예 현직 관리자로부터는 공동체로부터의 배제(백:차단)를 요구받기도 하였습니다. 그 관리자로부터는 아직까지 사과조차 받지 못했듯이 제가 느끼는 위백의 분위기는 비판을 장려하고 수용하기보다는 어떻게든 덮거나 감추는 데에 더 진력하는 것 같습니다. 그렇다고 제가 다중 계정 악용자들에게 부응해왔던 것도 아닙니다. 그들에게도 공격당하고 있는 등 이쪽도 저쪽도 편이란 것을 만들지 않아왔기에 관리자는 고사하고 차단이나 안 당하면 다행인 것 같습니다. 님께는 안녕을 기원합니다. 일단술먹고합시다 (토론) 2019년 6월 3일 (월) 08:03 (KST)
기록상 포탈 이름공간에는 시각편집기가 활성화된 적이 없습니다. 시각편집기를 사용하시고 싶으시면 백:기술에 요청을 남겨 주시면 다다음주 즈음에 처리해 드리겠습니다. (재단에서 약 1-2주의 시간을 요구합니다.)
위키배움터 처리는 내일 중으로 하겠습니다. — regards, Revi 2019년 6월 3일 (월) 09:30 (KST)
Growth team updates #8[편집]
2019년 6월 13일 (목) 18:02 (KST)